Good weekend everybody. Hope everyone is having a good one. It’s been a good week for me, so I’ll wrap up my week Paul Harvey style.
Thanks to readers for pointing out this week in that there are a couple other alternates to the Gnome menu bar in GMB Alternates. This is the first time the author has heard of them and offer some intriguing choices. The earlier being Ubuntu System Panel. A python script that seems to gotten a lot of looks in the Ubuntu Forums. And the latter is Linux Mint’s default menu:
For those viewers that haven’t seen, I keep a Gentoo Linux Wiki install guide. Its a hobby of mine and I just love to give it polish from time to time. I’ve learned a good few bits about the install process since it’s last revision, and oops, fixed a number of neutrality errors. :|
- I love reading Gentoo reviews, here’s one by kdub432 called Breaking a dpkg addiction with Gentoo
- Gustavo took a more systemic approach to his install:
- Gentoo and Sony Vaio VGN-FZ180E – part 1: Sound
- Gentoo and Sony Vaio VGN-FZ180E – part 2: Video
- Gentoo and Sony Vaio VGN-FZ180E – part 3: Connectivity with Bluetooth
- I admit that at times I can be a little slow to the block. Everyone has probably read this great article but me from IBM developerWorks called UNIX tips: Learn 10 good UNIX usage habits
That’s all from me, Goooooood Weekend!