I’ve had some good time writting these guides, tell me what you think.
- Linux Tidbits
- Linux Tidbits is a collection of commands I’ve learned over my first year with Linux. Good for the new user to get his feet wet.
- Gentoo Helpful Tidbits
- New to Gentoo? Users should find this intro a good place to get the basics.
- Gentoo Quick Install
- Though maybe a little dated, here’s the basics to get Gentoo up and running.
- Gentoo on a Clamshell iBook
- I update this tutorial whenever I can. I has become my guide to creating a nice Gentoo installation.
- Ubuntu on an iBook
- My baby love, the first Linux install that kept.
- LiveUSB on PPC
- Putting a Linux Distro ISO on a flash drive isn’t tremendously difficult, booting it is. My adventures in Open Firmware (or treks through white screen, black text).
- Getting Gnome Volume Manager to Play Nice
- I’ve fought Gnome Volume Manager before, in different versions I’ve had some unexpected behaviors, this can help some of it.
- Mac Security
- I love Macs, but even a few things can not be thought of. Think Open Firmware.
- Doing System Backups to DVD
- With no external hard drive and wanting to reinstall Windows, I had only one way to save my current Linux installation.
- Better LCD Font Rendering
- If you’re an Ubuntu user, this isn’t much good. Otherwise, make reading easier.
- Howto Create a Simple but Nice Webpage from Scratch
- Original web design was all about tables when I started, now it’s better to use css. This is a simple design for basic uses but it is streamlined and efficient.
- Converting Windows Icons to Linux
- I have collected icons over the years, some of these works are pretty amazing, but when I got to Linux I had no way to look at them. This is how they can be converted.